Are you looking for renting a crane to do the heavy uplifting works? If yes, then you should follow some tips for renting this potentially dangerous equipment. You can’t just rent it and hop into the car to operate it yourself. The renting companies generally provide you with a crane supervisor who will help you related to the problems in using it. Most of the crane hire contracts will pin down that the hirer will be responsible for any damages, bad information regarding the lift and unsatisfactory condition of crane operation. So, before hiring a crane, you should get it insured from an insurance company.
- Read all the terms and conditions of the contract before signing anything.
- Some inherent risks are involved in loading a lift using a crane. If you feel that you are not enough competent to carry out a lift then you should contact a crane company to carry out a lift. Most of the agreements of crane renting hold hirer responsible for the operator and the equipment when they arrive at site. Don’t forget to check where this liability exists.
- You should also follow all the BS7121 guidelines and make risk calculation for your lifting crane. It is very important to get an expert assess the right equipment that you need to carry on with your works and that you possess the entire test certificates.
- Personnel who are involved in this operation inspect carefully to ensure that everyone is competent to fulfil their duties.
- Your insurance should comprise all the damages that happen to the crane as long as it is controlled by you. It should also cover the road damages and the damages that happen to the goods that are lifted. It should also take in the total loss of revenue which may take place when any loss or damaged parts are repaired or replaced.
- Choose the crane that is absolutely suitable for your job. For this you should, at first, determine the weight of the item needed to be lifted.
- And lastly, you should hire your crane from a reputed company who has a nice past experience in giving cranes on rent.
The above points may sound like a small detail at this point of renting, but it could be a potentially costly mistake if you are unaware of your responsibility and from when it starts with the crane’s movement. Since the owner of the crane is liable to all the details related with the planning and accomplishment of the work, should provide evidences associated with insurance coverage.
You should take a note of all the terms that are mentioned in the contract paper. Make sure that you understand clearly what they expected from you to avoid paying any unnecessary penalties. No one should take lightly the procedure of renting a crane. The procedure is actually very serious and you should perform it in an efficient manner. So, if you need the best company to get a crane on rent, then start browsing today. Who knows, maybe it is only a mouse-click away!